Tuesday 31 January 2017

THE ETERNAL WALTZ



I feel the agony of you
Surround me in your breeze
Visions of me and you, printed
On crystalline dews that freeze.

I look skywards to the galaxies,
And give up my yearning to them
In askance, a chance to escape
The frosts, to warm days ahead.

I see the milky way wink,
And look the other way
As I understand the omens
My heart lurches and sways.

A hopping between tenses I go
Back and forth in a trance
Reality of time, suspended
Soon, dreams begin to dance. 

As moments turn to hours
And stars begin to fade
My feet dance on blisters
Not daring to pause, or wait. 

They glide between their destiny
And their truth that's aeons old
For to stop would mean the end
The darkness would enfold.

As the last shreds of music
Fall away into dawning light
I hold on to your misting wisps 
In a swirling cloud we ignite.

Together, the nebulae inhale us
In a thundering cosmic storm
Fires  roar, sparks abandonly fly
Still clasped tightly, we dance on. 

Our ageless cosmic rhythms 
Blaze trails in the Prussian sky
As a blue star we are reborn 
Disparate identities transmogrify.

The ice of cerulean lights
Cools passions of rebirth divined
We’re together still, moving softly
To the heartbeats we left behind. 

Secure in the deathless embrace
Of  cosmic mists that roam
Our mingled breaths cocoon us
Our spirits finally come home….

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment