Tuesday 31 January 2017

OF ANGELS



Every toilsome step I take
I feel a loving presence close by
That holds my hand in His, and says
Just another step .... I comply.

Tiny prints I mark, in faith
Through forests and the plains
Enduring storms and scorching days
He makes laughter from my pain.

Over hills and down the vales
On paved roads and muddy trails
I trudge to places far and near 
He gives me courage in my fear. 

Passage through the salty seas
In times of strife, and times of peace
Abiding losses, celebrating gains
My flagging spirits He sustains.

I tread desert sands, I’m bleeding sore
Now I can't walk another step more
When tender hands beneath my feet
Make my journey light and sweet
And whispers in my ear, they say
I'll walk you, every step of the way. 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment