Tuesday 31 January 2017

SOPHISTRY



You make a liar out of me.

I was honest as could be.
But the empty horizon
That stares at me
Makes my claims
A mockery.

Each day that goes by,
When the stars
Of the darkened sky
Look at me in askance,
Their questions I defy.

I tenderly contemplate
Your favourite stance,
As you lean your weight
Nonchalantly, tantalizingly,
Against the wall, I hyperventilate.

My heart-beats fluctuate.
Prisoner of your magnetic blues
My glazed eyes agitate
As I see your beckoning smile
Into the heavens dissipate.

Yes. I lie. I lie.
Your absence hurts me.
I cry.
Yours presence kills me.
I vitrify.

I’m frozen in time.
My poetry bled out
Now I’m just a rhyme.

Still I deceive.
I smile. I say I don’t care.
You believe.
Wishing you’d shake me into truth,
I wave you towards new joys. You leave.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment