Tuesday 31 January 2017

OF STOLEN MOMENTS



I lie frozen, staring at the dark 
Trying to decipher my broken dreams, 
My gaze captured by the hypnotic dance 
Of fingers moving in endless streams.
Picking out infinite cruel shards 
Of countless precious memories,
Embedded in my heart, it bleeds 
Even as it rejoices, in tender reveries.

A relentless procession of moments
Pass through my pensive tonality
And I ponder my delusive thoughts
That threaten to drown my sanity.

Emerge from the depths of my fantasy
Come, let’s step together into the sky,
Free falling, at the speed of sound
Hearts alive, as wind whizzes by.
If we have only moments to share
Let’s live them with passion and joy
When they become shards in my heart
Their bittersweet pain I will enjoy.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment