Sunday 29 January 2017

REVERIES



Oh how it hurts 
this sillage of glorious memories! 

In the timeless moments 
between asleep and awake 
You always come to live 
behind my half shut eyelids 
The pre-dawn darkness 
carries your aura to me 
I can see you walking 
from your falling night 
into my rising twilight 
below the distant skyline 
wondering.....did our horizons really meet 
once upon a cosmic heartbeat! 

In the fading sense of time and space 
I don't know where I end 
where you begin 
Or is there really 
a you, and a me 
Or is it just a fantasy 
that my heart lives 
and relives 
when the soft winter flakes fall 
Then why does it rise up in smoke 
in the summer heat 
Leaving me gasping for breath, 
Fighting the wet

I don't want the aching drops 
to fall 
on my beautiful dream 
and soil it
But they do 
And I let them escape 
to drench my pillow 
and lull me back to blessed sleep 
Until next time 
When I will hear you whisper again 
into my lonely ears 
all those jumbled up sweet nothings 
that don't make any sense 
except to me..... 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment