Sunday 29 January 2017

ELUSIVE TRUTHS



If I let myself be 
I would drown 
in life's umpteen memories 
They sit like shining drops 
on the fabric of my soul 
I marvel at how quietly 
they came 
to rest on my being 
And transient 
like pearly drops of dew 
They vanish 
with the slightest heat 

I try to peer through the window 
where the glass 
fogged up by the breaths of our lives 
separates me from you 
But sometimes 
through the holes that I draw 
on the misty pane 
I can see your countenance 
shining through 

How I wish I could reach out 
and touch your brow 
to soothe the furrows of living 
that I can see 
Or maybe, 
wipe the smudge of dirt 
that your toil gave you 
on your raspy cheek 

But life keeps ticking, endlessly 
The clock 
stopping for no one 
nor for might-have-beens 
And we walk along 
on either side of the fogged up pane 
across the piling days 
that turn to seasons,
Trying to smile
at the beautiful moments 
that only we can see 
I wonder, what we smile at 
Those wistful wisps of wishes 
The fragments of desires unlived 
that we have begun to call memories.... 

Yet nothing can be as real 
nor as sweet 
as walking away into the sunset 
over the horizon's blushing stretch 
holding hands
forever
into the land of eternity 


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment