Sunday 29 January 2017

INDOMITABLE



There is a vortex dark and deep 
That pulls at me incessantly 
As I reach out my hands 
Flailing , flapping, expectantly
To grab at the darkness 
That sucks at my soul 
At the voids that engulf me 
They shrink and they grow
And tear at my spirit
While I fight to hold tight
To my sanity 
With the last of my might
In the depths of my being 
Where tears and sweat mingle 
With the raindrops that try 
In futility, to cool my sizzle.
 
I don't blame them, or the world 
For it’s not their fault I can’t see 
Past the inviolable cloud of darkness 
Though the sun shines down brightly. 

Sprawled in a puddle of wetness 
I can’t stop my past pulling at me 
And the tender tranquil breeze 
Engulfs me like a chilling flurry. 

It’s not the breeze that's cold or wet 
It’s the twister inside of me 
I want to emerge from the shroud of smiles 
And let destiny take me to peace. 
I'll find the eye of the raging storm 
And  hold my place in the shattering calm 
Of the tiny spot within-
That will be my sanctuary 

A gale force throws me into the waves
But my grave is not to be the sea
I will rise, I will 
For there's no other way I know to be

I will rise 
As I let my love heal me 
I will be my own savior 
Till the ends of eternity.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment