Sunday 29 January 2017

BEWILDERED



Did I ever ask for anything more
Than a smile for your ocean eyes,
A happy moment for you to live
In the glow of stars that rise.
I hummed the songs you gave me
I sang the words you spoke
We danced the waves when you wanted to
Or sat quietly, reflecting, on the shore.
I left the embers of the fires we lit
To warm you through the nights
Please don’t send choking smoke my way
To blind my already tearful eyes.
My hands were open, as was my heart
My pages open to read,
It’s your silences that screamed at me
I was the fool to hope. You never believed.
I didn’t ask for flowers, nor promises,
Not even words or glances my way
Just don’t hammer nails into my heart
Their deafening echoes ricochet.
Let me bleed my juices
Into the horizons, let them flame,
I’ll fade into the night…on tiptoe
Invisible.
Let cold blue fires burn away my name.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment