Sunday 29 January 2017

I LIVE AGAIN


Each moment 
life is born again 
in laughter and in pain 
The drops all different 
as they dwell 
A kaleidoscope of memories 
in my well 

Random colours stand out 
in the crazy mix 
of everything 
that goes into this 
deep well 
that's life in the making 

Some long forgotten sighs 
that the heart still holds 
in its folds 
live along with the smiles 
Bits of cherished moments 
That my arms hold close 

Fragments of dreams 
that once danced across 
shuttered eyelids 
Trying to grow again 
in the fertile soil 
fed on bloody thorn pricks 

Sometimes, 
I peer into the dark 
looking for etchings 
of age old battles 
on my heart. 
Maybe, they hold the key 
to what I wasn't, 
but what I'm yet to be! 
Wishing for a sign 
from destiny 
A painted rainbow 
to mark out 
the warrior's acquired territory 

Here 
I wallow sometimes 
in the chaos of pain 
Looking at myself 
rain on the sun 
But all I see is 
golden sunshine 
glistening on my rain 

Who is the one 
with the upper hand? 
Who will reign on the land 
where I stand? 

I look 
at what has passed 
and try to see 
what will be 
There's never an answer;
only the swirling mist 
that hide 
the churning sea. 
But it gently parts 
and through 
the ever widening tear 
I spy 
my resilient spirit 
climbing up 
on a ladder 
of hope and fears 
Through the grey clouds 
to feel 
the warmth again 
Of the heavens 
shining fiercely 
above the rain. 


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment