Sunday 29 January 2017

FELICITY



Sometimes I dream
When in the stars
Of the night
I see love’s eyes
Shining bright
Their gaze
Holding me captive
Irresistibly

Sometimes I dream
When the breeze
Pulls at my hair
And doesn’t give up
Until I let it free
From the tie
And tangles my locks
Unmercifully

Sometimes I dream
When I see joys
Superimposed
On the waves of the sea
Inextricably
Impish thoughts
Printed
On my thirsty soul
Yearning for a scrap
Of laughter
Shared with me
Willingly

When the rigid winds of life
Tear away at my sighs
And force me to realize
That some things just will not be
I dream
My wonderful, beautiful dream
That paints heaven on my eyes
And I make life realize
That my dreams are sacred
Untouchable
That even she
With all the clout and cunning
And the constant clever conniving
Can never snatch away
From me

And I dream….blissfully serene.
Contentedly.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment