Tuesday 31 January 2017

DECEPTIVE STRAITS



I walk through my dream 
Or is that a nightmare..... 
I've walked long on tired feet 
Fighting pain, fighting despair 
The edges begin to blur, 
The ends unclear. 

My friend, he says, ask the sky 
But the sky doesn't reason why 
The hearts, they're wells of duplicity 
The closest, they're spouting hypocrisy 
But even if it makes my heart sing 
Falsity, it’s certainly not my thing. 

I am the arrow, out on its straight 
Unstoppable, till the goal is reached 
It matters not if friends become foes 
It matters not if my crimson bleeds. 

I live for the moondrops to decorate my soul 
For the dews of enchantment to write my scroll 
But I won't sell my conscience, my integrity, 
For a few drops of your fickle felicity.

Touch me not with your cheat sheet 
None walks through my life with muddy feet.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment